ORGLIST: MRSA

From: Merlin (chem$##$bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 12:52:21 EST

Once again, I thank you all for your responses. To those who have
requested articles, I will be sending them shortly. In addition to this
I would like to point out a few things:

    A) As to the 'paper', it is for a class project that I'm working
on. As to becoming published, Its way too soon to tell, but
        who knows?

    B) I had originally posted a similar query a few months back
concerning MRSA's, etc. to these very
        Discussion Groups. Here it is...

>Subject:
> MRSA & recent news reports
> Date:
> Sat, 06 Sep 1997 21:24:03 -0400
> From:
> "George D. McCallion" <chem$##$bellatlantic.net>
> To:
> ACS Medicinal Chemistry Discussion Group
<ACSMEDI$##$LISTS.WAYNE.EDU>,
> Natural Products Discussion Group
<napronet$##$bilkent.edu.tr>,
> Organic Chemistry Discussion Group <orgchem$##$gwup.org>,
> Organic Chemistry Discussion Group #2
<orglist$##$dq.fct.unl.pt>

>Seems to me that the recent events surrounding Antibacterials may
>finally wake up many agencies, including the CDC & NIH, and take heed
>what may soon become a major situation in regards to healthcare.
>
>It is good news that Vancomycin worked, but realizing that it is the
>antibiotic of last resort, this should *definitely* raise some warning
>flags.
>
>Interestingly enough, an article was published in J. Med. Chem. last
>year concerning this very topic. I think it is definitely worth a
>reading. Here it is:
>

> Katz, L.; Chu, D.T.W.; Plattner, J.J. New Directions In
> Antibacterial Research. J. Med. Chem., 39(20), 2853 (1996).
>
>Any other thoughts, comments?

    C) In the course of the previous query mentioned above, I had
learned of a conference that will be held in Atlanta, GA this
        coming March on this very topic. For those who might be
interested, you may contact Ms. Elizabeth Lamb at
        elizabel$##$nmhcc.com Just please be sure to mention my name and
that you heard of the conference from me.

Thank you all once again.

Sincerely,
--
George D. 'Merlin' McCallion