ORGLIST: Derek H. R. Barton (1918 - 1998)

From: Shu-Kun Lin (LIN$##$ubaclu.unibas.ch)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 08:26:42 EST

Derek H. R. Barton (1918 - 1998)

With great sadness I learned with confirmation that Dr. Derek H. R.
Barton died in the evening of March 16, 1998, of age 80.

Professor Barton is a great scientist and a very kind human being.
He has been very supportice to our electronic journal, MOLECULES
(http://www.mdpi.org/molecules)
and served on the Editorial Board. He is also immediately
accepted my invitation to be a member of the International
Scientific Advisory Committee of ECSOC-1 as well as ECSOC-2
(http://www.mdpi.org/ecsoc-2.htm), The 2nd International Electronic
Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry.

I have attended his lecture entitled "How to win a Nobel Prize" twice.
He is very active in research and always ready to embrace new
things such as Internet application in chemistry. We exchanged
e-mails several times recently.

Shu-Kun Lin
Editor-in-Chief, MOLECULES
President, MDPI

Dr. Shu-Kun Lin
Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI)
Saengergasse 25, CH-4054 Basel, Switzerland
MDPI http://www.mdpi.org/
Molecules http://www.mdpi.org/molecules/
ECSOC-2 http://www.mdpi.org/ecsoc-2.htm
e-mails: Lin$##$ubaclu.unibas.ch
         Lin$##$mdpi.org
Tel. +41 79 322 3379, Fax +41 61 302 8918