Re: ORGLIST: Metomil

From: G.P.Moss (G.P.Moss$##$qmw.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 04:23:22 EST

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Rafael Velasquez D wrote:

> Hi all:
> I need the structural formula of insecticides Metomil and Clorpirifos.
> Who can help me? Where I can find them?
> Thanks very much
>
> Rafael

I suspect these are either mis-spelt or not the English names. My guess is
they are:

Methomyl = methyl N-(methylaminocarbonyloxy)ethanimidothioate

Chlorpyrifos =
O,O-diethyl O-(3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinyl) phosphorothioate

Gerry

Dr GP Moss Telephone: +44 171 775 3262
Department of Chemistry
Queen Mary & Westfield College Facsimile: +44 181 981 8745
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS, United Kingdom E-mail: g.p.moss$##$qmw.ac.uk

World Wide Web server: http://www.chem.qmw.ac.uk/
IUPAC chemical nomenclature data base: http://www.chem.qmw.ac.uk/iupac/
IUBMB biochemical nomenclature data base: http://www.chem.qmw.ac.uk/iubmb/