ORGLIST: anti Markovnikoff addition of amino group

From: Matija (matija.crne$##$kiss.uni-lj.si)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 07:08:14 EDT

Hello everybody!

I will attempt an anti-Markovnikoff addition of amino group on a
diethylallylmalonate product, where the C-C allyl double bond is
intact. Does anyone have any recommendations about the procedure?
From what I have gathered so far, a borane is prepared "in situ" with
NaBH4 and BF3. Then the substrate is added and then NH3 is added. Is
this correct? At which temperature should I do this? My guess is
ice-bath (hydride..). Thank you for your answers in advance!

Regards

Matija

Matija Crne
Student of chemistry at University of Ljubljana
http://www.uni-lj.si
http://www.ijs.si