Re: ORGLIST: volatile buffer systems

From: John Deutsch (deutschj$##$essex.UCHSC.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 11:03:14 EDT

I am interested in doing LC separations of 4-6 carbon carbohydrates which
I make by exposing the primary CHO's to various oxidants.
I will be analyzing
the products using an Ion trap MS with electrospray. I want to keep the
salt concentration to a minimum in my running buffer and am looking for
advice on columns and solvents. I get beautiful results using flow loops,
in water/ACN but I want to see if some of my parent ions are due to more
than 1 compound. Anyone with suggestions or experience?

                 John Deutsch
                 University of Colorado HSC