Re: ORGLIST - orglist Digest - V01 #127

From: Richard Prankerd (richard.prankerd$##$pharmacy.uq.edu.au)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 19:31:34 EDT

>Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:03:14 -0600 (MDT)
>From: John Deutsch <deutschj$##$essex.UCHSC.edu>
>Subject: Re: ORGLIST: volatile buffer systems
>

>I am interested in doing LC separations of 4-6 carbon carbohydrates which
>I make by exposing the primary CHO's to various oxidants.
>I will be analyzing
>the products using an Ion trap MS with electrospray. I want to keep the
>salt concentration to a minimum in my running buffer and am looking for
>advice on columns and solvents. I get beautiful results using flow loops,
>in water/ACN but I want to see if some of my parent ions are due to more
>than 1 compound. Anyone with suggestions or experience?
>
> John Deutsch
> University of Colorado HSC

Two volatile buffers commonly used for LC-MS are ammonium acetate and
ammonium formate, using ammonia or the parent acid to adjust pH.

Richard

Richard J. Prankerd, PhD
Senior Lecturer
School of Pharmacy
University of Queensland Phone: INT + (617) 3365-3179
St Lucia QLD 4072 Fax: INT + (617) 3365-1688
AUSTRALIA richard$##$uqpharmacy.pharmacy.uq.edu.au
                        http://www.uq.edu.au/pharmacy/academic.html