ORGLIST: Enamines of acetophenones and refearable compounds

From: Dr. Jose I. Borrell (jibor$##$fletxa.iqs.url.es)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 05:24:33 EDT

Dear colleagues:

Our group is now interested in the synthesis of a series of enamines of
phenones (acetophenone itself, acetophenones substituted in the phenyl ring
and compounds of general structure Ph-CO-CH2-R).

We would like to know if there is a good method for the formation of this
kind of enamines because we have observed that the normal treatment with a
secondary amine (morpholine or piperidine) fails. We have not found a
convenient method in the literature that we have, even in the book
"Enamines" (first Ed.). It seems that this reaction is specially dificult
and some by-products are formed.

Thanking in advance for any help.

Yours

Dr. Jose I. Borrell