ORGLIST: Synthesis of Dicyclopropylketone

From: Hebein Gunther Cyrill (gunther.hebein$##$uibk.ac.at)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 11:46:11 EDT

When I had to synthesize Dicyclopropylketone at the University I had to =
make a 3 stepped synthesis. Please could you tell me how the reactions =
are called from

a) Gammabutyrolactone to 3-(2-oxolanyliden)gammabutyrolacton via NaOCH3

b) 3-(2-oxolanyliden)gammabutyrolacton to 1,8-Dichlorheptan-4-on via HCl

c) 1,8-Dichlorheptan-4-on to Dicyclopropylketon.

Thank you
Gunther Hebein
**Student of pharmacy**