ORGLIST: A few queries

From: Merlin (medchem$##$home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 00:23:39 EST

Hello there! A few more queries...

1. Is it possible for pyridine to pull of a deuterium atom from a
deuterated cyclohexane (d6 species) if the solution is heated at reflux
for 15-18 hours?

2. Would acetonitrile be a suitable substitute for pyridine to avoid
given the circumstance above?

3. This one is off-the-wall: is there a reaction that involves the
usage of ZnSO4 and 4N BaOH? This came across to me for the separation
of lipids from raw plasma. I'm inclined to believe that it may go by
the name of (or sound like) "Shimogi". Any information concerning this
query would be VERY helpful.

As always, thank you ALL in advance.

Cheers!

--
George D. 'Merlin' McCallion, Research Chemist
Division of Metabolism

Office: 1.215.590.6894
Fax: 1.215.590.3364
Email: medchem$##$home.com