ORGLIST: Symogyi query

From: Merlin (medchem$##$home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 20 1999 - 12:52:47 EST

To those who have replied to my previous query, I thank you very much.
These Discussion Groups clearly show what can happen when questions are
raised.

Now to more serious matters: as the subject says-Symogyi query-has
anyone used this protocol? The particulars are that the Symogyi rgt is
ZnSO4 + BaOH. This is used to evaluate polyols, and sugars in blood
and, in my case, plasma.

The original citation is in JBC, 160, 61 (1945) and 160, 69 (1945).

If anyone has any more recent citations on this protocol/reagent it
would be extremely helpful.

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers!

--
George D. 'Merlin' McCallion, Research Chemist
Division of Metabolism

Office: 1.215.590.6894
Fax: 1.215.590.3364
Email: medchem$##$home.com