Re: ORGLIST: Se:Se

From: John Deutsch (deutschj$##$essex.UCHSC.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 10:48:33 EDT

I am interested in gently reducing R-Se:Se-R to 2R-SeH where R=
(CH2)xC=O, CO2H, C-OH, etc in a volatile
system. I can partially accomplish this with mercaptoethanol.
I have previously used NaBH4;HCl- but I may be a little too nonselective
in this approach, and I am left with salt that I don't want.
Any comments, references, etc appreciated.

John Deutsch
UCHSC
Dept Medicine
Denver CO USA