Re: ORGLIST: Producing NOCl...

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 10:28:15 EST

Hello Andrea,

F&F is usually well documented. It is advisable to look for original
descriptions of NOCl generators. IMHO you'll never get substantial amounts
of dry HCl from fuming acid the way you describe it. If you have no
cylinder of dry HCl, you can generate it from NaCl and concentrated
sulfuric acid (look that up in books of laboratory excercises).

Have fun,

Jacob