Re: ORGLIST: substrates for asymmetric synthesis

From: Nicholas Lawrence (mcdstnl$##$fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 05:31:10 EST

>Is anyone aware of information (review etc) which talks about tartaric acid
>derivatives as chiral substrates in asymmetric synthesis? I am particularly
>interested in what protecting groups may have been put on the hydroxyl
>groups and the reactions they subsequently withstood.
>
>Dr Robyn L Crumbie FRACI
>
>Department of Chemistry, UWS Macarthur
>PO Box 555
>Campbelltown 2560
>AUSTRALIA

The book by Gary Coppola has an excellent chapter on tartaric acid
derivatives.

Coppola, Gary M., Gary Mark, 1948-. - [Alpha]-hydroxy acids in
enantioselective synthesis / Gary M. Coppola, Herbe. - Weinheim : VCH,
1997. - 3527290931

Nick Lawrence

Dr Nicholas J. Lawrence
Senior Lecturer in Organic Chemistry