ORGLIST:THF peroxide danger when cooling.

From: Jonas Nilsson (jonni$##$ifm.liu.se)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 09:49:54 EST

A collegue told me not to cool down THF in the freezer or by liquid
nitrogen. He said that there were som danger regarding explosion hazard
when cooling it down.

I know that THF is very prone to peroxide formation, but I've never heard
that you can initiate any explosion by cooling. He couldn't tell me how or
why, so I'm not sure what to believe. Have you any knowledge about this?
/jN