ORGLIST: Phosgenation thro' Triphosgene

From: mailbox (mailbox$##$invalid)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 23:11:31 EST

Hello, Friends !

I am an MSc final year student & trying to do a Phosgenation reaction in =
which an aliphatic Amine Hydrochloride should be converted to its =
Isocyanate thro' Triphosgene. For this, can I get your advices that how =
I can perform the reaction. i.e. what should be the reaction conditions, =
solvent media, etc. Here I have to first convert the AMINE HCl to its =
AMINE or I can directly use the Hydrochloride for this Isocyanation ?

Can pls anyone help me ?

Thanking you in advance,
KAMAL
(mailbox$##$invalid or shrent$##$rediffmail.com)