ORGLIST: Isolation of acetaldehyde from diethylacetal

From: vithal jadhav (vbj_chem$##$rediffmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 08:56:26 EST

   Dear all, I am struggling to isolate the acetadehyde from diethyl a=
cetal as it is very volatile after acid hydrolysis of diethylacetal. i have=
 tried this with ordinary distillation methods using cold conditions but in=
 vain. As i am in urgent need of the same I would greatly appreciate any su=
ggestions in this regard. Thanks in advance Yours Vithal Jadhav =
Karnatk University Dharwad.