Re: ORGLIST: what´s wet SiO2?

From: Christopher Joseph Gorman (cjgorman$##$sas.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 17:57:20 EST

Take the same kind of silica powder stuff you put in a column and mix it with an
equal part by volume of water (by stirring until you have a suspension). It's
probably a catalytic substrate of some kind for the reaction you are running.

All the Best, CJG

> Hi, everybody!
> I´m trying to use a mild nitration method that I found searching some
> papers and it tells about using, besides other compounds, something they
> call wet SiO2 50%w/w. What´s that? I couldn´t find it where I searched.
> Does someone know how I can prepare it in the lab?
> Best regards,
> Diogo.
> List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)

"The nature of the truth is fundamentally biased by the nature of our
experience."
      --C.J. Gorman (from personal email greeting)