Re: ORGLIST: Lab process of Hydrazine Hydrate.

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 09:20:05 EST

Hello,

You may try the synthesis of hydrazine sulfate or other salts as appear =

in

http://www.worldwideschool.org/library/books/sci/chemistry/
OrganicSynthesis/chap10.html

followed by neutralization with a base, or precipitation with an
alkaline earth hydroxide slack and further purification. In any case, =

you should work in a well protected environment, because the reagents =

and products are very toxic. If it is only to save some money, IMO by =

the end of the process it will have cost you twice or thrice the price =

of buying a small amount of good quality hydrazine hydrate.

Good luck,

Jacob