ORGLIST: crystals of 5-nitro uracil i.e 5-nitro 2, 4 dihydroxy pyrimidine

From: ravi shilotri (ravishilotri$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 13:32:12 EDT

Dear fellow members,

While making 5-nitro uracil in bulk ( 50 kg batch)
during crystallization from water a peculiar feature is noted,
it separates in two distinct forms. Instrumental analysis
and further derivatisation confirms the fact that it is same.

As I am making pyrimidine heterocycles in bulk, I am
interested in knowing any published or experimented fact
regarding crystal structure, to improve my separation
technique.

thanking you all and ORGLIST

Ravi Shilotri
Director