ORGLIST: TLC of reactions run in DMSO

From: cardman (cardman400$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 18:16:57 EDT

Are there any "tricks" for developing and visualizing
spots when DMSO is used as a reaction solvent? DMSO
just seems to spread out on the plate rather than
evaporate, even after prolonged heating. As I result I
often have huge spots that obscure a component or two,
no matter what solvent system or adsorbent (normal or
reverse phase) I use. The reaction components are
usually not UV-active.