ORGLIST: ethyi acetoacetate

From: roserina rina (nezrose_pure$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 07:27:42 EDT

Dear All......
I have a problem in hydrolizing esther in base
condition. In this case , I have ethyl aceto acetate
as the esther and want to convert it into derivative
carboxile compound that is aceto acetate acid. I have
used NaOH solid which have been diluted in ethanol
absolute as a soluter. Nad I have refluxed under
refluxed temperature that is arounds 60-80 degree
celcius, but still did not give any good result. Could
you find some new methode or there is a condition
which I missed?
For ant kind of information and concern , I would be
so thankful
Regards
Roserina