ORGLIST: reduction of 2-halo benzonitrile

From: sandeep bhosale (bsandeep888$##$yahoo.co.in)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 07:41:57 EDT

Dear all
I m having difficulty in reducing aromatic cyano group when it is substituted with 2-halo group(2-chlorobenzonitrile) . I have tried LAH & Raney Ni but in vain because in that case the reaction was going but NMR showed that my halo was getting knocked out & the mass was also showing same thing .
Do any body have any idea or referances regarding this ?
It will be very help full to me.

Sandeep B. Bhosale