ORGLIST: Neutralize acidic alcohol

From: Amit Kumar (shrent$##$rediffmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 06:32:55 EDT

Hi all friends ! I performed one reaction in which HCl gas is being pa=
ssed in n-propanol. I'm recovering n-propanol from this after reaction comp=
letion. But it is coming acidic. It still remains acidic if I distill this =
recovered alcohol separately at its boiling point. Can anyone pls sugg=
est me how can I neutralize it ? So that I can get it distilled neutral & c=
an use again in my process. By the way, B.P. of n-propanol is 97 deg =
C. Awaiting suggetions from you all. Thanking you, NAL=
INI