Re: R: ORGLIST: How to reduce free formaldehyde content

From: Firman Muttaqin (firmanq$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 21:42:14 EDT

I've tried adding urea to my product in high temperature, but the free formaldehyde content still high, meanwhile i intend to reduce free formaldehyde content untill less than 20 ppm. is there any others way to reduce free formaldehyde content? in addition, i couldn't heat the product any longer since it will reduce the product performance

Thank's and best regards

Firman Muttaqin

Akema Laboratory <akemalab$##$libero.it> wrote:
An useful option for many synthesis is to add a little molar excess of
primary or secondary amines (e.g. urea or hydantoins) in water solution, the
free formaldehyde will react with N to form N-hydroxymethilic derivatives.

Regards

Massimo

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 21:58:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Firman Muttaqin
> Subject: ORGLIST: How to reduce free formaldehyde content
> To: everybody$##$orglist.net
>

> i made a latex binder using paraformaldehyde as raw material, i have
difficulties to reduce free formaldehyde content, do anyone know what kind
of material/compund and reaction can be used for?