ORGLIST: Solubility of calomel?

From: JONAS SUNDBERG (gussujon$##$student.gu.se)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 14:56:31 EDT

Hi!
I'm currently researching the posibility of doing amalgams with mercurous chloride/calomel. Since I've found inconsistent definitions of it's solubility in water/alcohol (ranging from absolutely none to 1g per litre) I wonder if anybody has any practical experience in this matter or could shed some light on my question?

Many thanks,
Best regards, Jonas.