ORGLIST: Interested in measuring sun exposure via predictable reaction

From: ZenHog$##$aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 17:52:01 EDT

I hope I'm using this list and group correctly - I just joined.

I'm interested in measuring how much sunlight gets to a particular spot.

Here's what I have in my mind that would achieve the result I'm looking for..
it doesn't have to be exactly this method but this would be ideal:

I envision a small card or strip of paper (like litimus paper strips) that
was immersed in a chemical that is predictably reactive to sunlight. As the
exposure increases it would change color - and when a measurement is desired the
color of the card would be compared to a chart.

Is this possible? Is there such a chemical in a form that can be used like
this?

Thanks for your help,

Craig Nelson