ORGLIST: Amide coupling under neutral condition

From: Shenliang Wang (shenliangwang$##$yahoo.com.cn)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 20:56:33 EDT

Hi all,

I am doing an amide couping reaction, which couple a
primary amine with an alkyl-chain carboxylic acid.
However, the other part on my acid is not stable at
basic condition, which means I cannot use DIPEA or TEA
as a base, so I cannot use HATU or HBTU or PyBOP, etc.
At the same time, DIC react with this part on the
acid, so I cannot use DIC, DCC, or EDC either.

So, is there any method for me to coupling this
annoying acid with a primary amine?

Thanks a lot.
Shenliang