Re: ORGLIST: borohydride reduction reaction workup

From: CSS Support (support$##$cussyn.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 14:53:42 EDT

Diogo,

I agree with Krishna, the sodiumtriacetoxy borohydride methods works =
like a charm ! If solubility is not an issue, I have had the best luck =
with dichloroethane as a solvent. I have used it numerous times. I have =
also found that a drop of acetic acid can help, I have also found that =
the addition of anhydrous sodium sulfate or Mg sulfate has helped to =
push several stubborn reactions to completion.

A very good review of the NaBH(OAc)3 method was published in J. Org. =
Chem. 1996, 61, 3849-3862

If you still are having problems with impurites try the SCX method I =
suggested earlier.

Regards,

Brad