ORGLIST: Preparation of potassium phenoxide

From: mugunthan gee (mugunthan_gee$##$yahoo.co.in)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 13:40:32 EDT

Hi ,
       I am trying to prepare Some O-phenyl glycosides, for this i need either sodium or potassium phenoxide, I tried to prepare it from Phenol and KOH, but it doesn't work for me. If anybody know any reasonable procedure for preparation of Potassium Phenoxide, pls help me.

with regards
Mugunthan. G

MUGUNTHAN.G

PhD Scholar, Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry
NIPER, SEC-67, PHASE-10,
MOHALI-160062.
STATE- PUNJAB
INDIA