Re: ORGLIST: Terpenes adsorbents

From: Maringanti Krishna (maringanti9$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 05:11:57 EDT

You can try freezing the contents, and applying high vacuum. Volatility of certian terpenes is higher.
good luck
Krishna

Badru Nsubuga <bdnsubuga$##$yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I have a 65% v/v alcohol solution that contains trace
(10-100 ppm) amounts of terpenes of a few carbons and
esters in about the same concetration as terpenes. I
would like to REDUCE the amount of terpenes without
affecting the concentration of esters.

Do you know of a non toxic adsorbent that would do the
job selectively? Please don't suggest carbon, it
sucks out both types of compounds; I also don't want
to use fractional distillation.

Thanks in anticipation.

Badru.