ORGLIST: Menshutkin reaction

From: Rajeshri Mehta and Dr.Tushar (rajtush$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 06:51:34 EDT

 I m trying to react substituted pyridine with
cycloalkylhalide to form quatenary salt . but my
reaction is not completing even after refulxing toooo
long.

 i have tried some solvents like acetonitrile, and 1,2
dimethoxy ethane but almost same results.

 Can anybody suggest suitable solvents or catalyst or
anythng which help me for this Menshutkin reaction

Thanks
tushar