ORGLIST: phenol formylation

From: diogo$##$unilavras.edu.br
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 16:37:51 EDT

Hi everybody!
Guess I wasn´t very clear in my question, so it goes again: I need to
prepare some aromatic aldehydes from some phenols (I want to keep the
phenol moiety and insert an orto formyl group to the phenolic hydroxyl I
found just a few references on this subject. I tried formylation with
hexamine
and also raimer-tiemann synthesis but I had no sucess. Does any of you
know any references or reviews on these or other reactions so I can study
it further? I would like to go on with one of these two reactions since I
had the reagents to perform them.
Thanks,
Diogo.