ORGLIST: (no subject)

From: sri muru gan (ssrimurugan$##$rediffmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 13:44:46 EST

   Hello everybody, I am trying to prepare dimesylates from 1,2-di=
ols derived from TADDOLS. Mesylation under normal condition using triethyla=
mine and mesyl chloride unusually give me cyclic sulfates (verified by furt=
her oxidation to cyclic sulfates)instead of dimesylates in case of these di=
ols. The mesyl chloride was dried and distilled. For other 1,2-diols, norma=
l dimesylates were observed. Could anyone suggest the reason for such unusu=
al formation of cyclic sulfites. The Scheme is given as attachment for=
 reference. Thanks in advance. s.srimurugan