ORGLIST: Cleaning silicones from glassware. Help

From: Hugo E. Sinelnicof (sinelnicofhugo$##$yahoo.com.ar)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 08:18:26 EST

Several months ago, many of our pieces of glassware (preparative and
volumetric) were contaminated with silicone oil or grease. In many cases, it
makes impossible to use them. And cleansing is very, very laborious even
with hot concentrated sulfochromic mixture.

Can you help me suggesting a better and non-contaminant method for this job?
Thank you in advance.

Hugo Sinelnicof
Buenos Aires, Argentina