ORGLIST: Trimethylsilyl azide experiment

From: HERVE Gregoire (G.HERVE$##$snpe.com)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 03:45:25 EST

Dear Colleagues,

I carried out an experiment using TMSN3 and obtained an unexpected =
result. The product should have been formed as a result of a first =
electrophilic reaction onto the nitrogen azide chain. My question is =
simple: Has anybody already observed this kind of reaction with TMSN3 =
(considered as a synthetic equivalent of NaN3)? Or is anybody aware of =
such reactions with it?

I would greatly appreciate your remarks about it.

Thanks in advance,

Grégoire HERVE
In charge of synthetic studies
SME Centre de Recherches du Bouchet